Health and Wellness is an area we take great pride in at Syracuse University London. This is often a starting place for students to be in contact and to seek assurance when they are in distress. Studying abroad offers a plethora of experiences for all students; however, sometimes being so far away from loved ones can evoke some unexpected emotions. We provide a listening and discussion service to students directly. We are not mental health providers but we work closely with partners such as Freedom Health, a private health clinic which makes sure students’ needs are met or if needed are signposted to alternative services.
COME AND SEE US AT THE PROGRAM OFFICE OR MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A PRIVATE CONVERSATION
- If you feel you would like to discuss a problem with us, no problem we are here to assist you. In an emergency, we have an ‘out of hours’ 24-hour contact, where program office staff facilitate and co-ordinate a response service.
- You feel unwell, and would like to visit a doctor, we can help arrange an appointment for you
- You are uncertain if your emotional, physical, psychological health is affecting your educational attainment
REFERRALS FROM PROFESSORS
- You may be concerned of a student’s academic performance or situation outside of your expertise. They may be experiencing difficulties with family relationships, peer relationships, death of a loved one, submission of papers, class absences.
- You may have noticed significant or subtle changes in a student that concerns you.
Please CONTACT Lisa Watkins – email: email@example.com or call +44(0)20 7400 9316 – or / and Nada Silman – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 7400 9331 or visit Faraday House, Old Gloucester St, London WC1N 3AE Room SR 109